Monday, August 30, 2010

Compulsory Time for Reflection

The last couple of weeks have been rather interesting, a bit of an eye opener for me, a bit of compulsory self exploration learning curve and this is why.

Some people have been letting me know just how much of a b*#%h I have become and how self-centred I have been acting. I'm quite embarrassed actually that I have become someone who is self-absorbed to the point that I can't see what’s right in front of my face i.e. how, in trying to "take care of me", I have been hurting/affecting others.

My coach told me that I am so out of sync with the cost of being this way, I am making myself miserable. She says that if I was truly in tune with the costs, I would change in a heart beat. I now realise what she mean't and as much as I hate to admit it, she is right.

Like Paul Henry said in an article in the paper recently - I need to stop making excuses for my lot in life, I need to ignore my negativity, open my eyes to the limitless possibilities and opportunities that come my way; everything and anything is available to me if I want it bad enough, so get up, cross the road, and get it!

A very dear friend of mine Ms Sally Anderson (www.freefallexperience.com) once told me that if you want your experience of your world to alter, you need to alter your language, for language creates the experience of the world that we are living into. It's time for me to learn a new language - the language of Freedom, Love & Passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment